Tuesday, December 8, 2009

wrong shoes blues

I can't take it anymore. I'm buying new shoes.

I have a newish pair of Nike tennis shoes that I was sure would serve me for the first half of our training just fine. (They're not exactly the ones pictured, but they're close.) However, on yesterday's fairly easy 2-mile run, my shins started barking just a few second in.

I do love that I can call 2 miles a fairly easy run, though!

Considering I was on the treadmill once again, the only thing I can attribute this reoccurring problem to is the simple fact that I don't have running shoes. And considering I now know what the problem is, I figure any pain in my legs is my own fault until I do something about it! I'll be making the trip to Marathon Sports to remedy that situation in a couple of days.

It also helps that on our last team run, one of the girls I ran with was enumerating all of the many brands of running shoes there are that are superior to Nike. She had no idea I was wearing Nikes at the time, of course; she was actually talking about the shoe selection of someone who wasn't even there. However, I got the message--even if it wasn't aimed at me! =)

In other news, a new fundraising incentive will be posted this week. Be excited, and thanks all for reading!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be so glad when you make the switch! And the people at Marathon are great. They will get you into the proper shoes in no time!

Kelly said...

I know you're right! Thanks for the encouragement--between you, Coach, and Jess, I can't quite believe I've held out this long!

Post a Comment