Tuesday, December 8, 2009

ten o'clock training

Busy day today. I went straight from work to errand-running, to a conference, to grocery shopping and grabbing a quick bite to eat, and I finally arrived back home after 9:30. The last thing I wanted to do at 10 PM was make a trip to the gym for a 3 mile run on a stomach full of Q'doba, but alas, I did. The good news was that my shins seemed to understand my lack of time for shoe shopping today; I was very happy to find them virtually pain free for my entire run today.

I usually come home from a run and reward myself with a cold glass of chocolate milk. This is a great trick I picked up from Coach Rick: chocolate milk's combination of protein and carbs apparently makes it the best thing you can put into your body after a run. The thought of an ice cold glass of CM waiting for me at home sometimes gets me through the last minutes of my run, in fact.

Tonight, however, I rewarded myself somewhat more extravagant. That's right--a bowl of Cocoa Puffs. It's basically the same concept, right?

And tonight, I begin a new "running" (bad pun!) segment of this blog: the 90 BPM song of the evening. This is inspired by a related link a friend just shared with me on Facebook, which can be found here.

Song of the day: "Yer So Bad" by Tom Petty - 90.45 BPM.
A wonderfully simple beat that's easy to run to and that only Petty could pull off. Plus, some humor in the first and second verses' lyrics will distract you from the annoying pain in your stomach, caused by eating before running! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment