Tuesday, December 15, 2009

coffee fundraising incentive!

Many apologies for my absence! Since I last posted, I successfully completed the 7-mile mark. Woo-hoo!

Now then, onto that overdue fundraising incentive I promised. This one is a challenge for all of you coffee and espresso drinkers. The premise is simple:

>>Fundraising Incentive #2

Make the commitment that for every dollar spent on a coffee, latte, mocha, cappuccino, frappuccino, WHATEVER, you'll donate a dollar to Boston Partners in Education.

I'm going to put my money where my mouth is on this one. For every coffee/espresso drink that I purchase from now until Marathon Monday, I'm going to match that purchase with a donation equal to it on my Firstgiving page. I'll list whatever drink I had that day in the "Comments" section, so you can stalk my coffee consumption if you really want to. =) My goal is ultimately to cut back on my coffee-drinking while donating a little at a time to a wonderful cause at the same time.

Join me! Feel free to substitute your own money-sucking habit: maybe you're more addicted to Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream than espresso drinks. Whatever it is, match every purchase of that item with a donation to a truly wonderful cause. There will be some kind of awesome, cheesy reward in April (tbd) for anyone who gets onboard.

Finally, if any of you have any ideas for a name for this idea, please post a comment. The only thing that keeps popping into my brain is "Bad Habits for Kids"--but even I can see that's terrible.

0 comments:

Post a Comment