Monday, November 23, 2009

that's 180 small steps for man...

Two miles at the gym today, and I'm happy to say that I stepped my up pace to 6.5 mph. Training continues.

I forgot to mention the latest BPM revision yielded by Saturday's group run. Coach Rick gave our combined charity team (or as he calls it, the TEAM) a bunch of introductory pointers before we went for our four mile run.

Apparently, scientific research has proven that all Olympic runners--from Olympic marathoners to Olympic 100 meter dashers--run at approximately 180 steps per minute. In terms of my beloved MixMeister BPM Analyzer, that's 90 BPM. In terms of my 1990's pop/rock collection, that's "Meet Virginia" by Train.

With that new tidbit in mind tonight, I made a conscious effort to take many more smaller steps per minute than I'm used to. I think I did fairly well considering this was my first pointed effort at it, but I could use an updated playlist.

0 comments:

Post a Comment